Welcome to all Readers

A special thanks to all my readers for supporting me and helping me spread the word about my experiences. I hope to gain many many readers and making my blog one of the top dbsk websites online. Follow me on twitter as well for quick sneaks into my life. Also feel free to leave me comments and ask questions and I will answer them as best I can. There is also a guest book at the very bottom of my blog, please take a look. I can't write everyday my life is too busy for that but I will try to write once a week or so with an update or post a picture or two. I will try to twitter everyday too. Which side of the bed did I wake up on? Read and find out.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Many Days

So I am starting to fall behind and want to get caught up so going to scrunch a few days together and go over the important details. Any please leave me comments.



The next day (29th) I went to SM at 2pm which was the time I set up my interview the day before when I called them. Needless to say I was super excited and hopeful.



I dressed in black slacks, black clogs, and a ivory blouse with black and silver swirling design. Simple silver loop earrings, a two simple silver bangles and a silver and gold cross on a silver chain that my father bought me when I was five. Simple but nice.



Not going to go over the details of the interview but it went very well. Once the interview was over they asked me to sit and wait in a side office for the results. When I entered the room there sat 7 other people, 3 boys, 4 girls all dressed up and no where to go. These were the other contestant for lack of a better word. I nodded my head to them and sat down near the door.



When the door shut everyone started talking, they asked me how my interview went and other random questions. It seemed that I was the last contestant for the internship, all had been told to come back at 2pm that results would be given after the last interview. It also seemed SM had three spots they were filling.



We sat for about half an hour when the door opened again and the three interviews came in and stood in front of us.



The only woman, Kim Bomi , spoke "thank you all for taking time to come in today for your interviews. There are 8 of you here and only 3 spots open. We would love to take all of you but that can not be. You all did very well in your interviews and have impressive resumes. The 3 that we have select will stay to fill out paperwork and meet the groups they will be working with and the manager they will be working along side with. The 3 interns will be Matthew Shanks, Elizabeth Lind and Ayumi Soto. The rest of you are free to go and again thank you for your time. If you three will follow me we will discuss your internships."



I tried super hard not to cry. We were taken back to the interview room where Mrs. Kim split up among the interviewers. I went with Mrs. Kim.



"Miss Soto, your internship will consist of a lot of traveling, much more then Miss Lind and Mr. Shanks who will be based in the US. Your group is based out of S. Korea and will only be in the US for a short amount of time. So you will spend almost all of your internship in Asia. Is this agreeable to you?"



I couldn't keep the excited smile off my face, "oh yes very much so."



"Good," she replied smiling back and opened a door which was her office.



"I will be in charge of your internship if you have any problems with the manager please come to me, any problems with the group go to the manager unless you are uncomfortable speaking about the matter with the manager then of course you may come to me."



We went over the internship agreement forms and so on which I signed. Everything was covered by SM; flights, a food allowance, housing while over seas, everything, I just didn't get paid for the work I did and pretty much had to do anything they told me and I worked 24/7 during the internship period which would be for the next 4 months and could possible be extended.



Mrs. Kim smiled at me and made me copies of all the paperwork, before putting away my folder. Then she took my picture, for a SM intern badge that would let me into almost any part of the building



"Come with me, we will meet the manager you will be assisting and the group you will be working with, then we'll come back to pick up the badge it should be ready by then."



I followed her through the building, to be honest I was lost, this place was huge. We ended up on a floor that seemed to be nothing but dancing rooms, exercising rooms and on far end music rooms. I peeked into rooms as we passed them and saw artist and employees practicing and working out.



"Employees are allow to use the exercise rooms and dance rooms as long as they are not being used by an artist or trainee," Mrs. Kim informed as she saw me looking into the rooms.



I nodded to her, wondering who they were placing me with, probably a trainee group or a group maybe about the debut. Or so I though.



Mrs. Kim lead me into a music room where five people sat around a table with music sheets spread all over it.



"Excuse me, I don't want to interrupt but I wanted to introduce everyone to the new intern"



All five people looked at me and three of them went into shock and so did I. Sitting at the table staring at me was Jaejoong, Junsu, Yoochun, Manager Baek and Kim HyungSuk.



"Ayumi?" Yoochun finally said.



I blushed, "hey guys long time no see, huh?"



Mrs. Kim blinked and looked between us, "you know each other?"



Jaejoong answered, "kind of. Yoochun and Ayumi's cell got switched after they bumped into each other the other day and yesterday during lunch they swapped back."



"Oh, I see. Well I guess that works out them. Miss Soto is the intern who will be assisting Manager Baek with JYJ. Miss Soto you officially start on July 1st but if you wish and Manager Baek is fine with it you may start today."



"I don't have a problem with it," Baek said.



Mrs. Kim turned to look at me waiting for my answer, "I can't start today but I can start tomorrow."



She nodded "that's fine. Well we will leave you gentlemen to continue working if you'll excuse us."



She bowed out so I followed her lead. We walked back into her office where I had to sit down.



"You OK Miss Soto?"



"Just overwhelmed."



"Was that the group you hoped to get?"



"That's the group I didn't expect to get, and yes actually."



She smiled and handed me the badge. I looked at it. It had my picture from today, my name, a bar code, and a title, 'Intern Manager for Manager Baek of JYJ'.



"Thank you very much Mrs. Kim."



"Your welcome. Come back tomorrow to my office at 9am."



I stood up and bowed to her, "thank you again. I will see you tomorrow at 9am then."



"Can you find your way out? I have some work I must do."



"Yes, Ma'am."



I went straight to my mom's worm and told her the news where she congratulated me and made plans to celebrate. I called Adriana and invited her too.



-------------------------------------------------------



June 30th



I spent most of the day in an orientation. I learned about the company and how it started, ect etc. I was given a book about the company to read at home. Then a tour and an explanation of different parts of the company. Needless to stay it was a lot of information. I didn't see JYJ until near the end of the day where the three of us interns went to our managers and our group.



Something was really wrong. Jaejoong was in tears, Junsu and Yoochun looked extremely upset, their manager frantic. It was then I learned of Park Yong Ha’s suicide. There was nothing I could do for the grieving stars so I excused myself and told Baek I would returned tomorrow unless he needed me. He told me to go on home and come back tomorrow at 9am.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 1st and 2nd

No too much happened. Jaejoong was still upset but calmer then he had been the day before. Junsu was looking a bit pale and Yoochun was very quiet. I merely shadowed Baek for the day. Listening and watching. He explained different things he did and how his position consisted of a d why he did certain things and what the future schedule was going to be. He told me to get a planner which I did during my lunch on the 1st. On the 2nd during lunch we sat and filled my planner/scheduler in with important dates and times for the future and he went over different things I also needed to keep track of and what was the easier way to do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 3rd

Junsu ended up in the ER which freaked everyone out. He was looking kind of sickly for the past two days but when I asked him if he was feeling ok, he said he was fine. Today however he said he wasn't feeling very well. He got worse as the day went on. He finally collapse and we took him to the hospital after calling a million of them to see where they would take him in immediately. Jaejoong was kind of distraught about the whole situation. I think he was afraid Junsu might die. Honestly we were all kind of scared, his fever was way high and very near brain frying for comfort. But in the end he was stabilized and his temperature dropped. I sent Yoochun to take Jaejoong home before he collapsed too and that I would stay, I was surprised when they listened. Now the boys have two days rest. I told Junsu if he was up to it, I would take him to see fireworks, Sunday night for the 4th of July.

----------------------------------------------------------

July 4th

Junsu was more then up for it, still tired and weak but he wanted to see fireworks. There is a nice beach area that every years throws AMAZING fireworks for the 4th of July. I took the boys there in my car, with Junsu riding shot gun looking pale but content and found a parking spot away from the crowd but where we could still see the fireworks. They enjoyed the fireworks with the cooler full of snacks I had brought; drinks, sandwiches, chips, fruit and cookies.


-----------------------------------------------------------

July 7th

Had to make a comment on the fan account I read not too long after this day. I am glad she (Julia C. Shared by: DBSKnights) was able to see them up close and personal and I thank you for respecting their space and not fan bombing them. They get fan bombed a lot and you have no idea how stressed it makes them some times. Yesterday (July 6th) they got fan bombed during lunch and Junsu was still recovering and we all thought he was going to relapse but luckily he didn't, he was really tired after that though.

------------------------------------------------------------

July 9th (Ya!! I am caught up!)

The recording is going really well. Things are moving along nicely! I am still learning the ropes and shadowing Baek around. There is a LOT of work for managers. I have been running errands and making phone calls for Baek for the last two days, helping getting this album put together. Its coming along nicely. I got to listen in on JYJ with Kim HyungSuk, Kanye West and Rodney Jerkins and wow is all I have to say. I can't say much about the project so ya, we have been bouncing from SM entertainment to another entertainment company which shall remain nameless until such time as that information can be revealed.

JYJ is doing well, resting and eating well too. I will post an update in a few days. Follow me on twitter, I will try to keep you guys updated as much as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment